- Up early (ugh!)
- Housework/chores (double ugh!)
- Doctor appointment (meh!)
- Shopping (it was Banana Thursday!)
- More Christmas lights (yeah!)
- The Long-Suffering Sister-In-Law arrives for a few days (more yeah!)
- The Commemorative Air Force Southern California Wing Christmas party (yeah!) way the hell and gone out in Ventura (yeah?)
- Despite the deepest desires of The Long-Suffering Wife, I did win the CAF election (I was running unopposed) for the 2014 Wing Finance Officer position (Woo hoo!)
Here, in the spirit of bizzarro-ness that this day has exemplified, have what I believe to be one of my oldest “selfies”, circa spring 1973:
I knew that there was something odd about this picture (aside from the hair, zits, and sneer) and it just occurred to me what it is. I didn’t start wearing glasses until about ten years after this. I have vague recollections of a pair of yellow-tinted sunglasses that match these, but I have no idea why I thought they looked good.
What can I say? It was the 1970’s.