Yesterday I wrote “In My Copious Free Time…”
Tonight I saw that and said, “The heck with it!” (or words slightly less PG-13 but with the same meaning) and sat down to open up the first lesson on the refresher software that I had bought.
And it doesn’t work.
Because, of course, because.
There’s no sound. I can see people’s lips moving and there are the occasional graphics – but no sound.
Phone’s not muted. Sound’s turned way up. Check all of the usual stuff. No joy.
Try a different lesson – same thing.
Uninstall the app. Re-download and re-install the app. Same thing.
Reboot the phone. Same thing.
Try it on my iPad. Same thing. Go through the same troubleshooting steps on my iPad. Same thing.
Look on both devices for any kind of control or setting that might explain the problem or offer a solution. No joy.
Log onto their website and download one of the lessons to run on my desktop system. Works fine – yes, there IS supposed to be sound when those lips be flappin’! But one of the reasons I spent $350 to get this package is so that I could watch the lessons and take the tests and track my progress and have the material as reference on my mobile devices! It’s informational that the videos work when streamed from their website, it’s just not particularly useful for me.
Send an email to their tech support and wonder how many days it will take them to get back to me. Let’s hope their customer service is better than that of the running gear / shoe store that pissed me off so much over the last two weeks.
In my copious free time…I’ll troubleshoot buggy apps that don’t work.
And write about it.